GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Extensive Tutorial On Copyright Laws

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Extensive Tutorial On Copyright Laws Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!

[i][b]Article teaser:[/b][/i]
This is an important read for all people who either produce, remix or bootleg music. If you are caught breaking the copyright laws, then the punishments for these crimes are usually very hefty indeed. So you better get reading...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:21 pm
Andy P
Andy
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven forgot to mention one fact that check your country's copyright laws first. Most laws are similar but vary in different countries. Suing someone becomes even more complicated because say I am in Canada and someone in Sweden uses my work. It becomes a mess to sue, hence why lawyers are always making big bucks about this. Good work steven, tho if you want an example about illegal sampling look up double dee and steinski who never got permission to use samples and got sued often. If you want to see how sampling is correctly done, look at FatBoySlim.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:42 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Everything You Wanted to Know About Copyrights (But Were Afraid to Ask)

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:59 am
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Ok yepz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:57 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 563.92

Member #: 910

Nice article Steve.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:08 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Thx! Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:16 pm
user128
John Bird
Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 5,428

The information is very useful, thank you. As a side note, assuming from your name, that your first language is English, I must draw your attention to
some appalling spelling errors. i.e. using "there" or "they're" when you mean "their". (and I thought mostly Americans, like me, were bad at English spelling.) ;)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:09 am
thrumbolt

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 5,435

Good article.. all the basics covered.. re. Fatboy Slim, surely you know the fiasco he had with "Beats International" track "Dub be good to me".. that had loads of uncleared samples on it, and he paid for it big time, thereby learning from his mistakes!!! samples from Ennio Morricone (harmonica at the start), and the baseline from someone else, can't remember, landed him in a lot of trouble.. That single, although bringing his production talents to the public arena (after his drumming skills in "The House Martins"!!) cost him much more than it ever made, allegedly thousands in copyright sample issues..!!

Cheers
Jason
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:51 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Spelling mistakes are inevitable in such long documents Smile

well spell checker couldnt be used as it was wordpad that was used for the article lol.. Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:10 pm
Boolannockalp

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.90

Member #: 53,605

Post Post subject: Extensive Tutorial On Copyright Laws Reply with quote

As long as its not too reconizable who gives a stuff....

There is a difference between influence and copying its up to you to tread the fine line between them.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:15 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Tutorial Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: