GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Only allow registered users to post in the forums?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we only allow registered users to post in the [i:Vibes] forums?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 28 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 30

Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Only allow registered users to post in the forums? Reply with quote

Hi! Lately I have seen some requests from you to only allow registered users to post in our forums.
The intention was to keep this an 'open' forum, but lately I have seen that many people forget to login before they post...and that looks kind of silly...hehe...
Another thing is that most users who post are registered...only about 10% of the posts are by anonymous visitors...

What do you think about this?

Last edited by Stream on Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:37 am
Tim
Tim
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 56.96

Member #: 455

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hell yes!

i dont like it when 'nobody' replies or starts a thread asking for a song, when they dont even bother to sign up. but we have to bother to look for the song on cd-r, harddrive, ftp's or whatever...

so yes, only registered users can post!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 7:00 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Stream, I seem to remember starting a thread exactly like this in the "Comments & Suggestions" area a while back.....don't think I got much response though - I think you said you were going to leave it how it was for the time being or something....but anyway....you already know how I feel. Smile

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ian
on a long term break

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

also it is so much easier if you have a track thats been requested to send a private message to them, and to do that involves registering, it doesn't take long to do, and then everyone knows who you are as well. Definitely a good Idea
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 8:29 am
Stream

WOW!! 10 votes in 26 hours....really amazing...NOT!

Perhaps it would be an idea to just close down the forums....and the site....almost no-one seems to really care afterall Sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:05 am
Ian
on a long term break

Even tho theres hardly any votes though, it all seems to be pointing in one direction
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:42 am
Kev

Bar Manager

Stream, maybe that's what it seems like right now - but if no-one liked the site we wouldn't have thousands of members already. Now, if all the members that signed up would actually bother to post and vote on important issues, things would get better (even if only a couple of hundred of them did). I'm sick of it just being the same group of people who post all the time and vote for the polls (I know I'm one of them).

So come on people, we don't want all of Stream and the crew's efforts to get wasted - I for one want this to be the one and only trance community on the web. So please, please vote....it'll be worth it in the long run.

Stream - this is just one opinion out of the many members, I know - but I also know that many of the other members DO feel the same way, as I'm sure people are just going to make clear in replies to this post hehe. Smile

Thanks,

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

I agree with all of the above Smile

I voted yepp.. Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:00 pm
Tim
Tim

Vibes: 56.96

Member #: 455

Stream wrote:

WOW!! 10 votes in 26 hours....really amazing...NOT!

Perhaps it would be an idea to just close down the forums....and the site....almost no-one seems to really care afterall :(

wth r u saying??
u already have over 1000 members, just wait, give it a chance, and the posting will soon enough begin
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 11:20 pm
Stream

OK....if we the majority of you is not against it by Thursday the 20th, you have to be registered to post new topics and write replies in the forums.
Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:32 am
Kev

Bar Manager

Good good. Cheers Stream. Smile

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:24 am
Ian
on a long term break

I think its cool to register anyway cause u get a status now Laughing
Its not a lot to ask someone to do, its hardly rocket science, even I managed to do it ok Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 2:15 pm
samantha

Vibes: 0.13

Member #: 641

Post Post subject: Only allow registered users to post in the forums? Reply with quote

I think it would be a bit silly to shut down this site, after all the work you have put into it. I and i am sure many others wouldnt want you to do that at all.

I visit this site every day because it is really good.

I hope you will think twice about what you are saying.

I dont want you to shut it down.

I think it is a good idea for members to be the ones that contribute to the forums. :lol:
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 2:26 pm
bluE_Neon

Bar Manager

Vibes: 2.92

Member #: 202

i dont see da problem of registered on ivibes, since it only takes about 2mins, and all da unregistered users should do dat, not be unknowed Shock its really not hard u know...this goes out 2 all da unregistered 1's Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:57 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Hi,
There seem to be more votes now Smile Cool!

Anyway, it looks as though we will be removing the option for unregistered users to post. Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:13 pm
Vestan_Pance

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 863

I agree, it doesnt take long to register.
Every other forum I post on requires you to register before you can post.

Great site by the way!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:35 pm
Stream

Most of you wanted it to be for registered users only...so now it's changed Wink

From now on you have to be registered to post or reply in all forums except the Help and Info forum!

Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:56 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: