GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TRANCE IN GENERAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rock2russia

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 1.02

Member #: 4,273

Post Post subject: TRANCE IN GENERAL Reply with quote

Surprised

Trance is a very astonishing genre of music. It is a very broad term, I find. Trance. i mean in trance are so many different types of music. or is electronica the parent type of music to trance? like for instance rock may be considered a parent type of music to metal.

when someone is interested in creating their own trance music, what do they do? if i wanted to learn how to play rock music, i would get a guitar. simple and easy as that. or maybe a drumset, whatever. but what about trance?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:01 pm
Rakio

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 3.29

Member #: 4,623

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wondering that too. My guess would be that you should get some sorta mixer and alot of sounds. And mix or make up your own sounds.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:10 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 564.03

Member #: 910

Get some synths, a computer, mixing desk, few samplers and a program to create some sounds in. In some cases all of the above are not needed, as some programs you can get can create some cracking stuff. In essence trance is created from coputers, keyboards and syth machines.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Walter Mindz

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.56

Member #: 4,767

Post Post subject: Re: TRANCE IN GENERAL Reply with quote

rock2russia wrote:
Surprised

when someone is interested in creating their own trance music, what do they do? if i wanted to learn how to play rock music, i would get a guitar. simple and easy as that. or maybe a drumset, whatever. but what about trance?

You get a synth with midi capabilities, hook it up to your computer with music recording programs, and then use your mind to create it.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:21 am
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

davehart wrote:
Get some synths, a computer, mixing desk, few samplers and a program to create some sounds in. In some cases all of the above are not needed, as some programs you can get can create some cracking stuff. In essence trance is created from coputers, keyboards and syth machines.

Are most synths keyboards or are they like a big box with lots of knobs and stuff on them?

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:03 pm
Bemps

Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 4.68

Member #: 2,213

If you're just starting out, Fruityloops isn't bad to get your feet wet. I'm getting Reason 2.0 (production software). If you are serious about it you'll want to get hard and software. Roland JP ??? something or other Access Virus Synth (I don't know all the names). Check out armin, steve helstrip, ferry, etc. whoever you like and see what they have in their studio. To do it proper it'll cost a pretty penny. I'm just going software for now... its more of a hobbey and if something good comes out of it... awesome!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:20 pm
Stbean

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 2.88

Member #: 4,811

Bemps wrote:
If you're just starting out, Fruityloops isn't bad to get your feet wet. I'm getting Reason 2.0 (production software). If you are serious about it you'll want to get hard and software. Roland JP ??? something or other Access Virus Synth (I don't know all the names). Check out armin, steve helstrip, ferry, etc. whoever you like and see what they have in their studio. To do it proper it'll cost a pretty penny. I'm just going software for now... its more of a hobbey and if something good comes out of it... awesome!

Reason 2.0-2.5 is excellent software and well above the standards for entry level music making at an entry level price(around $250 U.S.) Access
is also a great choice for Techno/Trance. The soundsets on Access synths are very harsh/rich and agressive, they are pretty expensive units. I own an access virus kb and the sounds it can produce still amaze me after 2 years. I agree with Bemps to go with the software first. It will only cost you 1/4 as much as going hardware with the ability to download different soundsets mimicking real hardware synths with hardly any noticable difference. Or you can always buy a cheap drum machine to take on the road for fun and program drum patterns, its a great way to learn the concept of sequencing which is the heart of electronica.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:25 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: