GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ian Van Dahl - Will I

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Ian Van Dahl - Will I Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:43 pm

Member #: -1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

well i heard the Lange rmx and Hesmstock and Jennings rmx and its awesome. Embarassed
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 1:15 am
ojiram

Post Post subject: unfortunately it suxxxx Reply with quote

Embarassed

i couldn't believe it, when i heard 'will i' a month ago. i had been waiting for a long time to hear the follow up to 'castles' [which in my opinion is one of the best trance songs ever!!!]
i only have the Hesmstock&Jennings and Coast2Coast remixes of the song, but both are average at best !!!
needless to say i was very disappointed!
hopefully the original and lange mixes are better !!!

by the way Ian Van Dahl is a woman, not a man!
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:52 am
ojiram

Post Post subject: to anonymous Reply with quote

to the anonymous reviewer up there:
would u be interested in trading the lange remix against my coast2coast remix? so we can compare?

cheezefactore@aol.com

Evil or Very Mad
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:54 am
dj YOUKAY

IAN VAN DAEL is not a woman,
but the projectname for two succesfull Belgian producers
Christof Chantzis and Eric Vanspauwen.
I agree that the original cut sounds too simple, but i think
they are still working on it, the mp3 that is availeble on the net
is not a finished version.
I haven´t heard the Lange mix yet, but i must and will be good !
LANGE is my favourate producer !

Greetzzzz
Surprised
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:21 am
digital_dreams8472

Regular Clubber

Member #: 290

Post Post subject: Ian Van Dahl Will I Reply with quote

Confused

I was really looking forward to a followup to Castles In The Sky and can't help but feel slightly dissapointed at the moment. Ive listened to Hemmings and Jenstock remix as well as the Coast 2 Coast remix which i was rather dissapointed with but i think the Lange mix is probably the best so far followed by the Extended Club Mix.

Apparently (or i so ive heard) that it was the singer in Castles In The Sky who wrote the song and that she got the boot afterwards for a replacement singer hence a different voice in Will I
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 2:34 pm

I couldnt beleive how bad this tune is either!!! I have the promo and both remixes SUCK!
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:20 pm
webmagican

Post Post subject: what? Reply with quote

sorry i cannot agree on the most of these comments

IMHO this song kicks! i heard it live when Ian Van Dahl (projectname, right!) was live in INDEX/GERMANY and the played first castles in the sky and after that this will i song and whoaa the crowd was dancing i cannot describe they were 'fired up'...

i waited about 1 year to hear this song again and i think it just kicks!
but i haven't heard the remixes, anyone knows where to get 'em?

webmagican@gmx.net

cheers,

wM
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 11:22 am
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Hmmm...alot of mixed opinions of this track then....anyone know where I can get it? Preferably original or lange remix please.

I want to hear it for myself - especially after the success of Castles in the sky....

-Kev
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 5:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

What kind of style would u say the C2C mix is ?? Prog. House ??

The Lange mix, and H & J mix are decent - not as good as the last !!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 11:46 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

*not as good as the last song - castles...*
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 11:47 pm
Wilko

Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.11

Member #: 50

The added umph of the Vocals in the "Extended Club Mix" are very impressive. It isn't as good as "Castles In The Sky" but a must download for Trance lovers none-the-less.

Paranezia - #1 Source For Trance!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kev

Bar Manager

Well I now have the promo radio edit of this track and I have to say I'm not all that impressed - I mean, its a good tune, but it's also nowhere near the quality of production that was castles in the sky.

Still, i suppose it was worth the download...

-Kev Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 4:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

I've listened to all 5 mixes I have of it for some time now, and I must say that they aren't even close to as good as Castles In The Sky, but I kind of find it catchy Smile

The radio-edit of the song is in my opinion the worst mix so I guess it won't be played much on commercial channels (hmm...if I remember correctly it took about a year after the release before Castles In The Sky started playing everywhere...).

I guess the thing I miss most from this song is the great vocals I expected. They sound boring on all versions except the Coast2Coast and Lange mixes...so if you are looking for a version of it I would look out for one of these version...Lange being no1 to get.
Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:03 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Ok...I'll be on the lookout for the Lange mix then...ta..

-Kev Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 6:03 pm

yes, lange is really sweat!!! Surprised
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 10:40 am
Kev

Bar Manager

I've now got the Lange mix of this and its AMAZING!

Get it now!

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 1:26 pm
TriBaL

Member #: 1,252

Post Post subject: Just something i think you might be interested in... Reply with quote

Hi,

Someone said "there are apparently a lot of mixed opinions on this track" I don't really think that the opinions are that divers: most people seem to think that Castles in the sky was a lot better. (I happen to agree on that too, anyone can think of this kind of lyrics at any age (starting from 8 year olds), the music itself is... how do i say this nicely... the music itself seems to be deducted from several other songs like among others Superstring from Cygnus X. It probably will get some attention thanks to "their" previous hit, but will be nothing compared to castles.
"Will I?" I'd have to say: Nope, you surely won't.

Just for your information, in case you wonder whether or not Marsha has been busy ...
... this might help you out!!!

Check this out: :p

NEW TRAX featuring MARSHA (vocals & lyrics of Castles in the sky)
SOON TO BE RELEASED

Moments
| Tales of DJ Philip featuring Marsha
which is a collaboration of DJ Philip (Zippora, Gemini II, ... and also known for his remixes for Tiësto and Vincent De Moor)
and Regi (known from Milk inc., Sylver, etc.)

Distant Places | LD30 featuring Marsha
A track that Marsha recorded in the USA (NYC) with DJ/Producers DJ Russ Reign and DJ Justin Time.

PREVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MARSHA'S WEBSITE
www.marsha.be

For those interested, you can also find pictures of Marsha and the full story on what kind of miserable trick the Ian Van Dahl producers and the rec comp pulled on Marsha.

And i'd like to comment on something else too:
"I agree that the original cut sounds too simple, but i think they are still working on it, the mp3 that is available on the net is not a finished version." I really wonder where you got that idea, man, that's ridiculous. Anyone uploading it has bought a CD somewhere OR is an insider working against his own profits, which is totally insane in my opinion.
So of course the version you can find on line is finished. Rolling Eyes
It's just the best they can do.

I guess the magic just can't be repeated without Marsha Laughing
I'm taking sides here, cuz i know her personally (kind of)

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:04 am
DjFnLine

Total Newbie

Member #: 1,336

At first, I didn’t even know that the IVD act was a fake. I even thought that IVD was one of the most promissing projects of our country(Belgium). But after all the skeletons that got out of their closet… I was shocked.
Two times in a row, they managed to get away with changing the face belonging to the voice which is actually marsha’s and still the crowd has yet to see the true face behind the voice.
What I find most notable about this whole situation is the fact that not even the media mentions a word about the truth. One would assume to find some truthful information about project in our national music magazines, like Move-x, Outsoon, etc… Nothing to found there!!!
<<Changing the front of a project (without changing the voice) twice and still NO MEDIA SEEMS TO PRINT A WORD ABOUT THIS! >> (and I’m not even mentioning the ignorant fans - internationally)
After all that, I personally know that something shady is happening.
This is what they call a hush-hush.
What’s even more striking is that Annemie claims to have written the lyrics after the end of a relationship!!! And how about that ridiculous explanation of how they got the name Ian Van Dahl??? It’s completely ludicrous. Take a look at the artist section of http://www.nuliferecordings.com
These guys really show some guts! They’re continuously lying to their own fans. And I’m not even mentioning the injustice being done to Marsha: She can’t even perform her self-written song and lyrics for God’s sake!!! Simply because it was stolen by Chantzis & co.
My conclusion: IAN VAN DAHL IS FAKE ! ! ! A&S IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH ! ! !

Sooner or later, justice will be served. Mind the proverb: Great winds blow upon high hills.
According to me, A&S has two options A or B: A: to publically set this deceitful situation straight themselves within the different sorts of media. Or B: see us, the fans start doing it for them (with known consequences for A&S).

I’m calling out to all readers of this forum: Among you, who will support true artists in their fight against the general injustice which has apparently become comon practice in this corrupted music industry.
Please let me know!!!! How many artists do you think are counting on us??? There are many more than Marsha, who are fighting against the record companies with their deceitful business.
They obviously do not understand that without genuine artists, there will be no more music..
My e-mail address is : djfnline@netscape.net

THANXX, BYE BYE

DjFnLine

ps:Marsha, should you read this: I hope you know that there are a lot of people backing you up on this .
And I repeat: A&S show some dignity for once and set this story straight as soon as possible. In the long run you will come to the conclusion that you have only undermined your own business. You can’t keep on fooling fans – They won’t take it much longer than this, you know!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:22 am
jt

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 1,412

Post Post subject: Ian Van Dahl - Will I Reply with quote

I think Ian Van Dahl makes crap
Cheese trance and needs to step down
How castles in the sky got so much airplay is beyond me
Ive never heard that track in any big dj's set
this track is the same piece of garbage
Lange's dub i believe was half decent cause to vocals were taken out,
but even that i deleted

too much cheese, no crackers

jt

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 12:44 pm
Dj Gui

Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 4.43

Member #: 479

No doubts: One of my Favourites of the moment !

Gui 8)

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:02 am
ReBirth

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 1,422

Post Post subject: This sux.. Reply with quote

I don't like to give thumbs down to a tune but hell, this really sux..After castles in the sky...Sorry mates...1 out of 10 for this..
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:55 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Review Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: