GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
any chance of a little feedback?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
log:one
logan

Vibes: 0.70

Member #: 4,452

Post Post subject: any chance of a little feedback? Reply with quote

howdy ho. im new.

people seem to be pretty clued up on here, so id love to have some feedback on some of my tracks...

ive put 3 up that cover quite a broad range of trance, progressive, hard, and really fast!

http://www.highfishrecordings.co.uk/sneaky/logone-divisionbyzero.mp3

http://www.highfishrecordings.co.uk/sneaky/log-eye-abyss-confusion.mp3

http://www.highfishrecordings.co.uk/sneaky/logone-flux.mp3

cheers guys.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:00 pm
raynbo
Spinning Dreamer
Podium Dancer

Vibes: 18.84

Member #: 4,303

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having browser troubles today so sorry if this gets posted twice. But anyways, I like these tracks, especiall Confusion and Flux. Confusion sounds like it got restarted or something in the middle though, not sure if that's my copy or the actual track.
Raynbo

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dilvie
eric
Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 2.95

Member #: 4,469

division by zero -

First impression - great production. Nice percussion, great sounds, everything fits well together. This isn't my favorite style, and it's certainly not the most original piece of music I've ever heard, but I've got to respect the skills. It sounds great. I would have changed the sound a bit more dramatically at about 2:27 (following the build).

By the time 2:54 rolls around, I'm wishing there was a new theme... that's fine though, perhaps I'm just impatient When the new theme does come in (not a long wait), it sounds great. By the time 4:30 hits and the bass starts the chord modulation, I'm totally into the track.

That's when it hits me: I would actually drop this track in a dj set -- quite a step for me because I usually look for styles with a lot more originality than this, but the energy and the sound are so good, it makes me forget that this style has long since become cliche.

During the second listen, my overal impression is this: This is not an earth shattering composition. It doesn't really break any new ground. It isn't a new sound. From a composition perspective, there's nothing really special going on... but...

From a dj perspective, this has nearly everything I look for in a track. It has energy. It has dynamic builds and drops. It has drama and climaxes. It has excitement, and it never lost my attention. Even on the second listen, I'm engaged and enjoying the experience. Most music I review on bulletin boards never gets a second listen. Props.

confusion -

First impression - got me floating.. sounds kindof empty in comparison to division by zero. At 1:26 the harmonic progression kicks in.. a few bars of a repeated theme and then a nice drop that centeres around 2:00. Nicely done... unfortunately, while the skill is still aparent, it seems to lack the over-all tonal content and quality that was present in division by zero.

At 2:48, it gets CUT OFF, and the track seems to repeats the earlier theme. At 3:56 a similar glitch appears. This track is jacked up. Fix it! =)

flux -

Impressions - nice production again, but nothing terribly interesting happens until 30 seconds into the track. That's 30 seconds too long, in my opinion. It's fine (and probably GOOD, for this genre of music) to hold of harmonic progressions and themes until 30 seconds into the track, but that doesn't mean you have to hold back character for that long.

2:04 cleans up nicely and starts a build that, while isn't earth shaking, is still well done.

3:30, and I seem to have run out of things to say about this piece: One word comes to mind: filler, and then 3:50 rolls around, and I'm interested.. this should have *started* the piece, and something more interesting should have been built around it. Overall, great production, you've got a great feel for the dynamics of the genre, but as a song, this one isn't very interesting.

- overall impressions -

Your production skills are ahead of the game. Great job on the dynamic progressions. Very nice work. Lower marks on originality.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:49 am
log:one
logan

Vibes: 0.70

Member #: 4,452

thanx dilvie mate... i wasnt expecting anyone to spend do much time on these! but its much appreciated.

re: the overall sound of confusion. this track was written about a month ago. since then ive acquired a new set of monitors... and you can definitely tell! i plan on remixing it in the next couple of days.

and the cutoff/repeat thing: wtf?? i have no idea why that happened but i am uploading again as we speak!!

re: flux and the "not very interesting" issue. this track was written in about a day after a friend of mine said "write some fast trance for me, i need some to put out on one of my labels." i may very well vamp it up considerably as i, like you, get pretty bored within a minute or so of listening to it.

many thanks anyway for really listening.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:00 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: