GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PS2 (Vs) Xbox (Vs) Gamecube

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whats Your Fave???...
Playsation II
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
X-Box
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Post Post subject: PS2 (Vs) Xbox (Vs) Gamecube Reply with quote

Ok, simple question, what your fave and why?
Im buying the PS2 at the end of this month because:
A) Its going down in price due to Xbox release (UK)
B) Platinum games are already surfacing (£20 each)
C) Its gonna be around for yonks... Look at the first playstation!!...

Whats your personal fave???... Cool

Last edited by Above&Beyond on Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:11 am
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, crap, it aint that easy for me to decide each has its strengths and weaknesses
1) ps2 already the oldest console, with probably the least graphics capabities and online connectivity, infact rumors going arround that sony are already working on ps3!!,plus the ps2 is the hardest to prgram and make games for, its a right pain for the developers, ps2 is noway gonna last as long as its predecessor, plus side is its got dvd capabilty,its backwards compatible with ps1 (classic games ff7.ff8.ff9.gt1.gt2.vagrant story,mgs), plus its got some triple AAA exclusive titles FFX,FXI,and prob FXIII, GT3 A-Spec, and others, and platinum titles which are cheap

2) gamecube is the cheapest, (uk retailers already complaing bout price!), its easy to program and to make games for, got better graphics than ps2, hmm also got some AAA titles cant wait for mario and zelda (even tho ppl saying it looks weird), and resident evil 1,2,3 and further,but no dvd capabilties (even tho there is a model that has it, wont prob see out of japan, pls more expensive) and ppl compain bout its young kiddy appeal

3) xbox, expensive out of the entire lot, bulkiest but got the best graphics and sound of any console, also got some exclusive AAA titles lined up shenmue 1,2,3, mgs2 and loads other planned for future, plus any decent pc title easily ported over to xbox, programing and making games not too dificult as its similiar to pc architecture, plus its got a HD for storage of save game and extra other stuff, probably the best machine for online conectivity,

problem is each of the consoles, have what i really want, FFX,FFXI on ps2 (even tho FFXI gonna be on pc) GT3 A-spec, zelda/mario/resident evil on gc, and shenmue 1/2/3 on xbox, aggh, if im really gonna play all them games i wanna play im gonna have to get 3 different systems!!!, the dvd and online stuff dont swing my oppinon that much, already got a pc, in the short term im gonna get a ps2 just for FFX and mgs2, but later on i dont know what i'll probably do!!!!!
i really aint got a favorite console, its more that the games matter to me now

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:15 am
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 564.03

Member #: 910

well, mine has to be the PlayStation 2, simply becuase I already own one and its rarther good. I'm sure X-box and Gamecube are mighty fine consoles, might even grap that little cube when it comes out simple because its cheap and Nintendo produce quality games. X-box, I'll leave that and see how it does.

GTA 2 for PSX2 is one hell of a game, completeed it now and Gran Turismo 3 is the next purchase. Bit of a racing fan am I.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

well... seing as the game cube will completly flunk cos its by nintendo.. there screwed and out of the picture.. Razz

.. X-Box is sooo much more powerfull than the PS2 but i can still see the PS2 dominating the console market... Laughing Laughing

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,453

im still a nintendo fan coz they always got the best quality games
yes they r appealing to more kiddy cutesy market but if u can manage to dis-regard that...there r some excellent games
lets face it, goldeneye is one of the greatest games of all time
when it came out..ppl would be the n64 just for that game!
also mario64 rocked and i cant wait to see what the sequel is like

another game i am looking forward to heaps is Metroid (whatever the name of the sequel is)

saw some screenies and movies of it in action...OMG!

bottom line is Nintendo games have always been the most fun to play
thats just my opinion but im sure its shared by many ppl (going to back to the days of Nes and Snes Wink )
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:20 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

VelourFog wrote:

bottom line is Nintendo games have always been the most fun to play
thats just my opinion but im sure its shared by many ppl (going to back to the days of Nes and Snes Wink )

i never had a nes / snes so i aint got them memories...

but most of the games that came out on N64 were cartoony platformers... Razz

.. ps2 seem to have an older age range... and then the X-Box is aimed even older still... whcih i feel is one of the reason the ps2 will still be console champ.. they are aiming at a better targer audience

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:25 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VelourFog

Bar Staff

fair enuff andy..but thats why i have a pc, and a fairly decent one too

altho the advantage of the box is its mainly geared towards games..so it wont have any prob running any game coz all the games r designed and optimized properly to run with the hardware, unlike pc's where u always gotta dl latest drivers or buy a new vid card to take advantage of a few extra eye candy features a new game might offer
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:32 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

VelourFog wrote:

altho the advantage of the box is its mainly geared towards games..so it wont have any prob running any game coz all the games r designed and optimized properly to run with the hardware, unlike pc's where u always gotta dl latest drivers or buy a new vid card to take advantage of a few extra eye candy features a new game might offer

that used to really pi$$ me off... Evil or Very Mad dont buy many games for my pc now tho.. Razz

and thats why the X-Box should be successfull cos it will have the power of a pc and much more emphasis towards the game side of things...

it just depends how many ppl can be arsed spending all that cash when alot of ppl will have a PC or/and a PS2.. Confused

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:40 am
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I got a PS2 last November cos I felt like a change and couldn't be arsed to wait for the X-Box, I'm happy with it, it does all I want it to, So I guess I'm happy with it
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:48 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
I got a PS2 last November cos I felt like a change and couldn't be arsed to wait for the X-Box, I'm happy with it, it does all I want it to, So I guess I'm happy with it

my bros got one.. altho he only has crash bandicoot 5.. Razz which i finished in 5 days... Laughing Laughing lol...

hes hopefully getting Wip3out fusion in a week or two tho.. so that'll be good.. Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:58 am
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

((-&E-)) wrote:
most of the games that came out on N64 were cartoony platformers...

I own an N64, and yep the graphics are more cartoony, but, Zelda I/II & DonkeyKong64 are some of the most addictive & stunning games ive ever played!!! Nintendo are all about gameplay, not so much graphics. Its still a good machine too!!! I play it much more than my PS1!!! Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:52 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Above&Beyond wrote:
I own an N64, and yep the graphics are more cartoony, but, Zelda I/II & DonkeyKong64 are some of the most addictive & stunning games ive ever played!!!

i think the most addictive game ive ever played on was metal gear solid... Laughing i played in constant till i finished it.. Laughing Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:16 pm
Ami

Quote:
well... seing as the game cube will completly flunk cos its by nintendo.. there screwed and out of the picture

noooooooo, hope it dont flunk out of the market!!!
hehe, squaresoft aparently teaming up with nintendo again Very Happy
nintendo do make quality games, i remember playing zelda64 for ages, there still some elements in that game that still are unbeatable even after so many yrs, hope they continue making games like this
metal gear solid was addictive, but it was fairly short, if anyones played vagrant story, i found that unattractive at first, but later on i was addicted, it was'nt too short, but you have to play it again to finsih it comletely, Sad
my best games of all time has to be Final Fantasy 7, (still play it, just to play that snowboarding/motobike minigame!!!) and probably transport tycoon deluxe on pc , Razz , mgs is good, gt2 is good (spent ages tuning the cars), avp on pc probably got the best atmosphere of all games!! ahh, just hope i can continue wasting time on games whilst having so much fun in the future!!

i agree, that the pc is a pain for some ppl trying to get games, but for me i aint come across a game that has caused me any trouble getting it to work!! one thing pc's always gonna have the advantage over consoles is fps games like max payne/avp/quake 3, i dont really think these kinda games work well on consoles

hmm, i agree with most of you that the ps2 probably is gonna be on top this yr, but it aint gonna be the king of consoles like the ps1 was, in truth it still/probably aint gonna have as much quality titles as ps1 did
gamecube might make a big impact with its cheap price, and xbox i really cant see it selling bucketloads with it targeted at the older age range and high price

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:05 pm
DJ Cheese
Another Dimension
Weekend Clubber

Member #: 1,826

...neither, I'd rather have a PC Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rob3rt

Feeling The Music

Member #: 1,604

imho they all suck
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:34 am
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

I think xbox has the best specs and ps the best games.
I have none of them but I would like to have th xbox Surprised

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:22 pm
Ami

Quote:
I have none of them but I would like to have th xbox

well, if your looking at this on a pc, id say you already got more than 3/4 of an xbox infront of you Laughing

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:10 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 7.53

Member #: 1,998

I own a PS2 and it rocks. I have Pro Evolution Soccer, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 (which I cleared in 3 days Smile ). PS2 has the best games at the moment.
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ami

Quote:
own a PS2 and it rocks. I have Pro Evolution Soccer, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 (which I cleared in 3 days ). PS2 has the best games at the moment.

hmm Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, no more resident evil games on playstation now, gamecube got the exclusive license

Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 both have better version coming out on xbox

Quote:
Metal Gear Solid 2 (which I cleared in 3 days ).

takes the mick that, but netherless a good game! hmm, must've spent sum time looking at the pics in the lockers haha Razz, as im sure quite a few ppl have completed the game quicker!

wohoo found out final fantasy 10 gonna be coming to europe arround may time! that when im definatly getting a ps2 by them as this is probably the one game id by a ps2 alone for!! this proabbyl will give me at least 50hrs worth of game playing posibly more!!! plus voices finally!!

[/img]

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:01 pm
Julie_Spyder

Part-Time Clubber

Member #: 1,921

WELL my personal fave would have to be playstation cuz.. well thats the only thing i doo play.. wehn i'm at my cuzins house..

i had a sad child hood.. never got into theose games and stuff.. but when i did play it owuld only be play station.. .

so ya play station for me Wink Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DjKlutZ

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 1,904

My say is PS II... why because.. all my life i have been surrounded by male cousins who just can't keep their hands off consoles.... Nintendos... blah blah.. then the PLaystation came into the picture... i have bought all three diff models of playstation... PS, PS One, and II... unfortunately i only had PS II for a while... before my dad confiscated it from my bothers and I... (too much time spent.)

The only games i do play on PS is Final Fantasy... and it rocks... (the movie however.... )

SO YEA PS II definitely...

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:33 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Well after a patient wait i finally got round to buying my PS2 lastnight, and im well pleased, it came with a copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 and i grabbed GTA3 while i was at it!! Im still up for one of those Cubes though, its out Friday isnt it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:55 pm
NandoMan

Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 2.17

Member #: 2,204

the PSII rocks!!!! it has allways rocked and will allways rock!!!

personaly i´m a big fan not just for the PSII, but from SONY in general, I mean, they do quality stuff!!!! and everything they do is the best in its gender!!!

History of trance:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7428851501542847413
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:13 pm
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Gotta disagree Nando...i don't think sony always do quality stuff especially when it comes to the playstation
while it may have a few excellent games it has alot of real crappy ones that u could finish in like half a day or so....not as much of a prob with the ps2 coz they seem to have a better quality control over which games r released, but it was a big prob with psone....so many shit games with graphics and gameplay not worth bothering with Neutral

i'm a nintendo fan coz i believe they have made some of the greatest games of all time...from the original mario bro's platformers to goldeneye on the n64 (alot of ppl bought n64s just to own that game it was that good!). not saying nintendo hasn't had its probs of course...pokemon argh!
if u can disregard a few mistakes they've made, nintendo r the greatest, they know their shit, and they sure know how to make game u wont stop playing for ages Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 12:25 pm
NandoMan

Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 2.17

Member #: 2,204

The thing about the PSone is that making games for it was so easy that a lot of people would make games just because!, and I don´t disagree that nintendo has made a lot of excellent games, but so has SONY and SEGA.

by the way, when I said "SONY in general" I was talking about the whole thing (electronics), and not just the PS.

History of trance:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7428851501542847413
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 6:48 pm
Ami

hmm, sony brand does not equal quality! usually you pay more for the name with anything associated sonywise

Quote:
The thing about the PSone is that making games for it was so easy that a lot of people would make games just because

yup, right there but....

with the ps2 its the reverse situation making games for it is hard, and was once commented that only the top 5 games companies in the world could probably make games that utilized the full potential of the ps2 (squaresoft,konami,capacom,EA) i think,

and looking at the results it seems fairly certain, and the other 2 console gamecube/xbox have been praised for easy game development and coding

plus, im fairly certain that research for ps3 is well underway, so signs are ps2 aint gonna last as long as the ps1 did

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 4:14 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: