GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whats a cue file and how do use it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Lord

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.05

Member #: 1,991

Post Post subject: Whats a cue file and how do use it? Reply with quote

anyone knows what im talkin bout? those tracklists that have the time n number of each song? how do use em? id like to know please...
2. Blackeight - The Silence (PvD Re-work)
3. POS - Remember (Summer Sun)
4. Junkie XL vs. Sasha - Breezer (Original Mix)
5. Ashtrax - Digital Reason (Original Mix)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably find help already in the software section, as far as I'm aware they cue the songs on a cd so ur not left with one long mix.. ne1 who knows more than me care to elaborate ?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:18 pm
Dj Imy

Dancefloor Maniac

Vibes: 1.22

Member #: 1,203

the best progrm to burn cue files onto cd is Fireburner...i have no problems at all with program
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

hmm, cue sheets, depends,
theres two types
1) burning cd images usually iso's made by cdrwin/firburner
2) to define track position/length in 1 big continous mp3 with all the tracks in there (usally livesets so that the tracks are seamless)

in this case its probably the second one, with the mp3's and cue files, so you can skip/know any tracks in the entire mix, (mp3cue is brillant for this)

anyway
heres 2 previous posts that are loaded with info/links

http://www.ivibes.nu/board/viewtopic.php?t=2006
http://www.ivibes.nu/board/viewtopic.php?t=895

they're gonna be useful, they got online links to where you can get cue files from an all!

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:10 pm
Dj Imy

Dancefloor Maniac

Vibes: 1.22

Member #: 1,203

lol.....i was just about to reply ask Ami for help Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
maniac.dg

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,264

I have a little prog called "MP3 track maker". It's size is only 70 kbyte and you just have to copy the track positions from the cue file into the program (takes about 2 minutes) and then you can split the mp3. I think this is even better than burning an audio CD with a cue sheet because burning a CD still leaves you a huge mp3 file on your hard drive.
And if you don't have a cue sheet for a liveset or whatever then you can listen to the huge mp3 in Winamp and grab the current position to split the file exactly there.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:33 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

You may think im being a picky git but theres a reason for the forum being split into sections, sorry mate, but there just seems to be tons of un-related trance topics in here at the moment! You'd probley get more info in the Software section. Maybe this (along with the others should all be moved).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:24 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

nope your not being picky i agree with you
hmm already one of the threads has been moved i guess its gonna be sum time before all of then are moved,

and ps theres already a program called musicutter, that cuts a liveset/djset 1 big long mp3, into separate tracks using the relevant cue files

and theres also easy ways of making cue files, theres a program or two, but the easiest way for me is using mp3cue plugin with winamp

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:22 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Ami wrote:
nope your not being picky i agree with you
hmm already one of the threads has been moved i guess its gonna be sum time before all of then are moved

Im glad someone agrees with me, its just common sence, the catogories are there to be used, is just annoying to find bits and bobs scattered about in the trance section... Sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: