GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SHADOWZONE DOWN??????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldman

Member #: -1

Post Post subject: SHADOWZONE DOWN?????????? Reply with quote

Shadowzone today announced in IRC that the site will be closed.
Quote:

Shadowzone Closed. Thanx for all the nice time +++ No QuestionS | No Answers +++

Bad thing, because Shadowzone always had the freshest tunes and the newest stuff..... What do u think?

Oldman
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:36 pm
delphiniblue

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 707

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted! :(
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:38 pm
DYM

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 19.85

Member #: 399

Post Post subject: Bad thing Reply with quote

Sad Saw it , too... Bad thing! Sz always had the nicest tracks online...

But I think we should not give up hope... maybe they'll reopen one day...

The people of SZ wrote history....

Greets to the makers of that awesome site! Respect what they did for us all!

greets,

*the trancerater*
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:43 pm
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 2.69

Member #: 691

Post Post subject: too bad! Reply with quote

oh no, shadow-zone is closing...
that way we'll lose the biggest trance archive on the net so far Sad

greetz
Lightworks

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

This is really bad news for the entire trance MP3 scene...although i could sense it happening sometime in the near future as the servers always seem to go down just days after the songs being put up...

Well, it just looks like one of us or a few of us will have to get together and make our own new trance MP3 site. Come on people, someone must have server space! We need a great site to take the place of shadowzone...

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 11:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CIDER

Weekend Clubber

Member #: 596

Agree with you there Kev.

Damn lucky i got every track that was available well i missed out on about 10, ohh well al good things must end at some stage and as Kev said it was inevitable.

I would like to say this if any SZ ppl such as shadow,dracid,trapman,_smoke_,DjTS and DJPJ are in here we thank you for the time and effort you put into the mp3 community i for one will miss SZ it was the first thing i did each time i logged on i went to the IRC room and checked out the site. The online mp3 community thanks you and wishes you all the very best in whatever the future holds.

CIDER
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 12:05 am
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

That's really very bad, shadowzone was really the best and greatest site to get hold of the newest tracks
I hope they will not close it down, let's pray Smile

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:36 am
eXeTik

Part-Time Clubber

Member #: 167
Location: -------/)/)-----------------------------------(O.o)-----------------------------------('')('')

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
First it was Mp3factory, not SZ Sad
All the old school sites are closing down
SZ was always my FAV site on the net... this can't be true Crying or Very sad

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:26 pm
FASTDJMP3

Getting acquainted

Member #: 213

it can't be possible Sad

Paul Van Dyk / Armin Van Buuren]
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
upmajaksi

Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 560

Post Post subject: re Reply with quote

is it just me or has the whole world of trance gone too shit home of music is down, shadowzone gone, vibe is up but as far as the websites go they r very very poor,does anyone have any problems downloading from morpheus, and sound revolution, half the time the servers r down, i downloaded from paranazia the other day, damn download took 2 n a half hours (56k), thinkin of becoming an elvis fan, at least ur garanteed downloads of his songs Crying or Very sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:39 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kev

Bar Manager

Hehehehehe....lets just hope that trance lives on as long as "the King!" Razz

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 4:09 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kev

Bar Manager

Well, finally shadow has given the last official word on the site...

"hey there party people
this is the end of ShadowZone
The reasons for our decision are on the one hand the Webspace, which was a problem for us again and again - and with the huge amount of traxx that's also not amazing. And on the other hand it eventually had become too dangerous. We are / were probably the largest Trance/Techno Site in the internet and therefore also got quite famous. And we all want to keep our lovely PC systems, don't we? Therefore we have decided to pull through this very hard step. I would like to thank all fans/visitors again for the tremendous support Your guestbook entries kept me going through the hard times. THANKS!!
I would also like to thank my crew, especially DraciD and Trapman. But of course also DjTS, DJPJ, Simplesimon and Smoke
Okay, thats all, yours
shadow
PS: maybe you`ll see us again someday ?"

There you have it...the end of an era..

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 5:03 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: