GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
++Clicking The Banners++

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Post Post subject: ++Clicking The Banners++ Reply with quote

Just something id like to know, ive been clicking your advertising banners everyday, ive noticed that you have alot more advertisers now, ive been clicking on all of them 1 time each. What i want to know is am i making my clicks void by clicking on all of them? Even though they're different ads, im still one user, whats the deal here?

So what are the rules:
(A) Clicking 1 banner only per day
(B) Clicking 1 banner of every kind per day

Id just like to know because theres no point in me clicking them all if it dosent even count.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:17 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

all of the banners I've seen actually link to oz.valueclick.com/ then so on, So my guess is that the companies pay this place to addy, and the sites like this circle through them daily but only 1 click per IP address recorded will help the site Sad

can stream or steven or ne of the other mods confirm this ?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:21 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

You can click 1 time per day per banner that points to:
oz.valueclick.com/... (look at the bottom in your browserwindow to see the url)
If you change IP-address during the day you can probably click more than once...I think it logs IP, and doesn't check cookies etc.

And you can click on banners pointing to other url's as often as you like....but they won't generate any income for us unless you download mp3's etc from those sites....(mp3.com pays us for that).

We need about 10 unique clicks at the oz.valueclick.com/... banners per day to pay our webhosting-bills. So far this month we have exactly that...on average...in January and February it was way below though.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:45 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Well I think we should all make it the first thing we do daily then, It doesn't take much to load up a window and help the site stay afloat Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:25 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
Well I think we should all make it the first thing we do daily then, It doesn't take much to load up a window and help the site stay afloat Very Happy

sounds fair enough Laughing

.. i should be able to get 2 clicks a day.. one at home and one at college Laughing

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Thanks for clearing that up for me Stream, i'll keep clicking, i can also manage two, one at work & one at home. Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:18 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

i take it we dont have to click on any links on the site... just wait for their home page to load up and the click has been registered ??

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 4:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Quote:
We need about 10 unique clicks at the oz.valueclick.com/... banners per day to pay our webhosting-bills

10, that aint nothing!! hmm ami sticks post it note on monitor sayin "click on ivibes banners NOW!"
hehe that should remind me, no more excuses for not doing so!!, i should probably be able to get 3/4 unique clicks perday easy, Very Happy
oh heres a tip for the newbies, if you want them banners to go away keep on clicking on them, in time they'll disapear, its a lil secret Razz

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:57 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Ami wrote:
oh heres a tip for the newbies, if you want them banners to go away keep on clicking on them, in time they'll disapear, its a lil secret Razz

LOL Laughing Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: