GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Trance Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 10:00 pm
DJ LIAR

Member #: -1

Post Post subject: trance Reply with quote

...nice article about trance... Smile ...really liked it!
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:45 pm
dj daz

Post Post subject: trance Reply with quote

hi m8 im 20 and i dj trance and im looking to produce trance at a high level,i need to go on courses to learn the whole thing but what u said about trance was absolutley correct and superb,people do associate it with drugs,they aint got a clue
well done m8 u told the critics,trance rules the galaxy
from
dj daz (dazsbfc@aol.com)
darren jones Smile
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 10:14 pm
M.P.C ProJeCt

Post Post subject: Trance, music for my ears Reply with quote

I feel what you said about trance being like a drug to be totally true. Everywhere you go you will find drugs, no matter what kind of events you might attend. Its the people that take the drugs, music has nothing to do with making people use, or abuse drugs. We can not make decisions for all the people out in the world. If some one wants to take drugs, then they will, no matter the costs. As far as trance being the best music ever, there is no doubt. It can make feel things that you have never felt before, and didn't think it was possible to actually feel those things. We are from the US, and Trance music does not get that much airplay over here, but thanks to the internet, and a whole bunch of stores, which specialize in European Imports, this music may get mainstream over here. until than we can only hope, that somekind of revolution will develop and make this kind of music, a global unity. LOVE and PEACE & 1200 TECHNICS, until than.
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:12 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Trance will live forever and i HOPE it never dies out like hardcore did in the 90s...

Trance is great and uplifting and i never want to stop listening to it!!!

"I BELIEVE"

-Kev
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 12:26 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

HEHE, let TRANCE control our lives !!!

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 10:03 am
THAITOYTOM

Member #: 677

Post Post subject: TRANCE: message from the skies Reply with quote

Well man, great aricle, and I agree with you.
But I think that today drug isn't so big deal. There are people who use drugs, some are recreative users and some are real addicts, and there are people who don't use drugs. This fact we can't change, we don't need to think about it any more. Smart ones know how to get the best sadisfaction with less harm. You have to find the balace if you can.
About music: I have been dancing around for about last 10 years, and gone throu different stages: hard, techno, trance, house; and in last 2 - 3 years I've turned back to trance music. I respect all other music, but Trance is something special for me. I'm also in djing, and I see that you get most positive reaction from people, and great atmosfere, when Trance music is played. Wink

sorry, my English is not so good. I haven't practis if since I'v finihed highschol.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:14 pm
onion

Member #: 697

A quote from Mark Reeder - The mastermind behind german label Mastermind For Success

Quote:
"Trance for me is more like the basic channel stuff, hypnotic and trance-inducing. The word trance has been bastardised to mean something totally different to what I originally intended and hoped it to be. To be trancy a record has to be monotonous almost, a long sequence without pause without a masssive breakdown, up an down.
This isn't trance, you can't fall into a trance when your emotions are being dragged up and down."

For those that dont know the label MFS it was the pioneer label for trance music http://www.mfs-berlin.de/

Hope this gives you guys an understanding about what trance was and what it is today...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 6:08 pm
THAITOYTOM

Member #: 677

OK I can agree with MFS definition, but then, can someone sort this type of music Question Question Question
What is this that we listen Question
It'a would be wrong to call it house. It is, maybee, melodic techno ( if something like this exists), but I think that it isn't.
I'll ask again. What do we listen Question Question under a trance name Question

I know, my English is not so good, sorry
Greetings to all realmusic lovers Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:05 pm
Orbz

i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 3.19

Member #: 7

im glad you liked my article !

maybe ill write another one someday!

Orbz Wink

Physically Present.., Mentally Elsewhere!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:18 pm
DJ Nelsy

Member #: 729

Post Post subject: Definition of Trance: Reply with quote

Trance simply creates magical energy capable of abducting ones consciousness.

Trance is life from another galaxy. We all imagine alien life to be little green men with big black eyes but maybe Trance is an alien. We all say it takes us to another world. What do we see? We see what we want to see. Some say they see cloudless blue skies and spotless beaches stretching for miles. Thats their idea of paradise. Trance is our friend. It's our life-long inspiration. Concluding my hypothesis; Trance as alien-life isn't what we see, it's what we hear.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 6:18 am
Dj Rexzia

Total Newbie

Member #: 1,114

Post Post subject: great article on trance! Reply with quote

yep, absolutely true! i love the way you put it in words!

Go into trance and let trance control you... Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 6:49 pm
Yochanan

Post Post subject: Trance Reply with quote

That was a mind-blowing article on why trance rules the earth. I'm a trance producer myself, and that article incorporated everything i think about TRANCE.
Also I totally relate to the part about drugs. It really pis*es me off when everybody relates trance to drugs. But like it was said, trance IS the drug.

Thanks 4 a great article! 10 out of 10

Yochanan Smile
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:00 am
dj slin

Member #: 1,564

Post Post subject: nice article Reply with quote

im in texas---wheres theres little to no "trance" -- but i think the article runs tru here too...

considering all these "genre" labels: who cares, i think trance is always different for different ppl, i know what i like and i cant judge someone else for what they like.. but trance for me is uplifting and invoking...i can listen to it in any situation, any time, any place.

is it the best ever? - ABSOLUTELY...

keep the trance coming!

dj slin
www.linfinite.com
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 7:57 pm
Sygnus

i:Vibes HeadEditor

Vibes: 6.92

Member #: 1,072

TRANCE <- need I say more?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:35 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

Trance is the biggest thing in my life! I listens to about 6 hours a day of trance on average and never get board of it! but the thing with commercial trance these days is really pissing my off! Some guy just comes a long and produce a cheessy tune and gets into the charts and calls it quaility! how crap is that?

TRANCE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!

Last edited by <--Ferry_Addict--> on Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:27 pm
TraCiD

Part-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.02

Member #: 689

Holly shit, I am reading this article and listening to Subsky - Four Days, \
i feel so fuking high... TRANCE WILL NEVER DIE!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:45 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

TRANCE IS LIFE... SO LIVE IT TODAY, AND TO ENJOY IT TO THE FULL, JUST TAKE EACH SECOND AT A TIME !!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:15 am
NandoMan

Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 2.17

Member #: 2,204

HOLLY Sh*T MAN!!!!!!
THAT WAS GREAT!!! I CAN´T BELIEVE YOU MADE THAT ARTICLE, IT WAS AMAZING!

ONE COMMENT: I THINK THERE SHOULD BE MORE ABOUT TRANCE AND COMMERCIALIZATION, BECAUSE I THINK IT DESTROYS MUSIC.

History of trance:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7428851501542847413
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:57 am
Orbz

i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 3.19

Member #: 7

Very Happy

if you read the article at the same time as listening to music it kind of makes the quality of the article rise above cloudlevel! i did it myself just 5 mins ago and I havent read it myself since last year and i only have one thing to say about it!

I love it!

Orbz Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:54 am
raynbo
Spinning Dreamer
Podium Dancer

Vibes: 18.84

Member #: 4,303

Wow, that was a great article! And you're right, listening to music while reading definitely helps! But that was the best way of describing trance I've found, so simple! I think from now on I will refer people here. lol
Raynbo

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djsnow30461
Tommy
Regular Clubber

Vibes: 6.63

Member #: 4,734

Orbz you have major talent, some of the stuff you've said about trance i've felt but never heard anyone say anything about it before you.

This article may change someones life-for the better
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:15 pm
victory2120

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 3.07

Member #: 4,938

I have never read an article like that before. That’s the first time I have ever seen anyone put in writing the exact emotions and feelings I get when I listen to trance. It just shows that other people understand what it’s really like and that its none of this cliché crap that everyone else thinks. Trance isn’t that popular where I come from so to see someone write that article really moved me.

Thank you very much and keep up the great work!!! Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:50 pm
Cooler

Head Bouncer

Vibes: 87.83

Member #: 3,984

Nicely written, but I do miss some definitions... Rolling Eyes Wink
#1 Jonas Steur - Silent Waves
#2 Niklas Harding pres. Arcane - Blue Circles
#3 Jonas Steur - Castamara

Track to watch out for:
Arizona vs. Passiva - Halo
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:48 pm
tryxx
DJ, at your service
Moving your Body

Vibes: 19.05

Member #: 6,296

Kev wrote:
Trance will live forever and i HOPE it never dies out like hardcore did in the 90s...

Trance is great and uplifting and i never want to stop listening to it!!!

"I BELIEVE"

-Kev

oi, hardcore is alive and kicking, albeit mostly found in raves at the moment Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:56 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> What is... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: